The Information We Collect
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
1. You can visit this website without telling us who you are or providing us with any personal information. However, information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP (Internet Protocol) address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation) are collected in order to monitor and improve our website.
2. We will collect information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services (including your name, telephone number, home address, email address, in addition to the above, we also ask for delivery address, and payment method details).
3. If you have chosen to subscribe to our website services, such as email notifications and/or newsletters we will offer you advanced notice of sales, new merchandise and other Pod and Pea news. Email addresses provided to Pod and Pea are only used internally for the purpose of sending you communication from us. We respect your privacy rights and will not sell or rent your email address to other companies. You have the option to unsubscribe from our newsletters at any time by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of our emails. We will remove your name from our email list as soon as possible.
4. Any other information that you choose to send to us.
Using Your Personal Information
1. Ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
2. Provide you with products or services that you request from us and/or which we feel may interest you
3. Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
4. Notify you about changes to our services
5. Administer the website and improve your browsing experience
6. Enable your use of the services available on the website
7. To communicate with you regarding goods purchased from the website
8. Send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications by email (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
Customer Service and Care
When you contact us with a question, feedback or other comments, you may be asked for information that identifies you, such as your name, address and telephone number. We collect this information to verify your identity and to help us promptly answer your question or respond to your comments or feedback. We may retain this information to assist you in the future. We also may use your feedback, suggestions and comments to monitor and/or improve our products or website.
In order to operate our Website we use technology known as a ‘cookies’, which store anonymous information relating to your Internet activity (such as whether you have visited our Website before, or placed items into your Shopping Bag) on your computer so that we can use this information to carry out your Order and improve our Website.
If you do not wish for us to store cookies when you use our Website please adjust your Internet browser settings – the “Help" option on the menu bar of your web browser should explain you how to do this. However, please note that Our Website requires that cookies are enabled in order for you to place an Order so we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Most modern Internet browsers (including Internet Explorer 8.0 and above, Mozilla Firefox 4.0 and above, and Google Chrome) include the option to run in a mode which does not leave cookies on your computer after you leave a website. You may wish to enable this mode without affecting your use of our Website. This mode is known as “InPrivate Filtering" in Internet Explorer, “Private Browsing" in Firefox and “Incognito" in Google Chrome. See the “Help" section of your Internet browser for more details.
In order to complete your order we will need to disclose some of your information (for example your name and address) to our delivery partners including Royal Mail, DHL, DPD and their affiliates.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information if: Pod & Pea or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets and, in which case, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; to protect our customers and this website from fraud and theft, we may pass on personal information that we obtain from making identity checks, together with account information to organisations including law enforcement agencies, involved in fraud prevention and detection and credit risk reduction; if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or, in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Pod & Pea our customers, or others. Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the personal information you provide to us without your consent.
Safeguarding Your Personal Information
We will take reasonable care to maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the information you have provided us with. When you place an order or access your account information, we use a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption which encrypts your information before it is sent to us to protect it from unauthorised use.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the supply of evidence of your identity (we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address). We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.